Happy New Year!
I hope your festive break and new year was relaxed and filled with memorable moments, for the first time in 4 years I took the full week off without even checking my inbox or posting to social media. It felt great, I spent time cooking, eating, playing, walking and watching movies along with some festive days out, parties with friends & a trip to the local panto. I now feel fully refreshed and inspired to get stuck back into design projects and blog work.
I’m not sure I really believe in the whole ‘new year, new me’ thing anymore but I do have a couple of goals I’m hoping to stick to and I thought I’d share them with you in the hope of that helping me to do just that:
- Sign out of work more often – As Little LMH is getting older and the afternoon naps end I’d like to completely sign out of work/social/emails on the days that he’s home with me so that we can take off for the day making memories without that niggling feeling in the back of my mind that I need to get home to do xyz.
- Use the spa facilities at the gym more regularly as relaxation is just as important as trying to keep fit. Whenever I spend an hour in the spa I feel so much better for it, my head clears completely.
- Eat plant based more often – I’m aiming for 3 days a week to start with and build up from there.
- Make time for learning – Growing my design skills, social media skills and business skills is something I didn’t make enough time for through 2018 so I’d like to make time each month for growth through 2019. After the tax return is filled that is…
- Make plans and make memories – family day trips, family holidays, coffee with a friend, girly nights…I want to see everyone that I love on a much more regular basis than I have done in the last few years.
So there you have it, basically all I need to do is create more time and manage that time better (without triggering my self doubt and anxiety, simple right?).
What are your new year goals? And how strict are they, mine are definitely more guidelines…